Looking for veed.io replacement that includes PowerPoint or PDF integration

adambravo

New Member
So, here's what I've been doing (and you can see the screenshot below)...
1. I create a PowerPoint or PDF deck with images and my logo
2. I upload to Veed, which creates a slide deck, and includes a layout that shows my smiling face speaking to the slides (because I don't want an AI avatar speaking for me)
3. I record my presentation (with a Word files with bullet points I use as a script on the right side of the screen), then add subtitles and an audio track
4. I also use Veed's AI tools to remove my background and make sure I'm looking into the camera

Well, Veed has now removed the ability to do the first step. I can only record my entire screen in show mode--which means I have no way to view my bullet points as I record (and I only have a single monitor setup at home). Oh, and they chose to do this without notifying their users.

My interim plan has been using the PowerPoint recording function--which gives me a small circle in the lower right corner with the option of a blurred background--but I'd like to get everything done in one place.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...
 
That sudden Veed change hit me right in the workflow too - I remember the panic of realizing my bullet-point crutch was gone, and with only one screen, I felt stuck between sounding natural and looking professional. What I ended up doing was splitting the process: I record my slides in PowerPoint for the face-and-deck combo, then export that video and use a separate tool for subtitles and audio. For the script itself, I print my bullet points in a large, clear font on paper and tape it just below my webcam - low-tech, but it keeps my eyes near the lens. I also use PDFServices to merge my presentation handouts and speaker notes into a single PDF reference I can open on my phone as a backup screen, since their merge tool handles complex layouts without messing up my headers or bullet indents, and the 48-hour auto-delete means I don't worry about sensitive draft slides sitting online.
 
Back
Top