How to plan ideas?

Clostiel

Member
I was wondering how you guys keep and plan ideas for videos. I've been going between using a notebook and files on a memory stick, and haven't really found anything that works for me, so I look to you guys for inspiration :)

I plan to be vlogging + parody channel, if that helps
 
Last edited:
I don't really if I have an idea I usually act on it as soon as I can if I think of something like my 'thoughts on series' but with that I write my thoughts on said game and then use that to help me when I do a video but being a gaming channel I usually just find a game I might like click record and see what happens
 
Last edited:
I've tried sitting around and planning videos and I found that doesn't work for me. So now I let the video ideas come to me, rather than trying to force them. So I could be walking the dog, laying in bed, eating dinner or having a conversation with someone and something that happens, something I think about or whatever will prompt an idea which could be for a vlog, sketch or challenge.

From there I'll make a very brief note on my phone of what the idea is, enough information so I can understand it later and then when I'm back at my PC I'll write it down in full detail in my "Video Ideas" notepad file. Then, at some point, I'll make the video.

I've had something in that file that has been there since last year, but it requires more footage and things like that before I do it. It's nothing super fancy, in fact, it's just a channel trailer so it wasn't really an "idea" in that sense, but, it's something I have plans for and things I want to specifically do in that video.

But yeah, I just let the ideas come to me and then create the videos when I can. (Though still uploading once a week on a Sunday) :)


- I realize I perhaps went a little off the whole thing there, so TL;DR -

I keep notes on my phone when I have an idea and write it up in more detail in a notepad file when I am on my PC.
 
I just use the Notepad feature on my phone to take down any ideas I have for videos, so I don't forget them. I don't really have too much of a problem keeping track, since each video is pretty much focused on one subject. Sometimes, I'll need ingredients (cooking vids) or props (puppet vids) so I'll keep a list of what I'll need. Otherwise, I do wind up running out halfway through filming because I've forgotten something essential.
 
Back
Top