How much commentating do you like in your games?

Hey friends! When you make your own videos or watch videos, how much commentating do you like to do/hear? Full video? None at all? Somewhere in the middle?
 
I suppose it depends on the type of video. Gaming video I'd personally like commentary all the way through. Watching a game video with no commentary I find very boring...I'd go out and buy it to play the game if I was going to do that
 
I agree with @TheILupo . I love watching gameplays with full on commentaries. However, it sometimes annoy me when content creators talk a lot, even though the game's subtitle (for example, the Batman series) is shown below. That leads to me not knowing where to focus more, on the commentary or the game itself
 
All the way through, I like to really see the person playing show their personality in their commentary. Even let's play channels (The Good ones at least) the person is always talking to show the viewer what their thinking and trying to do.
 
You have to talk all the way throughout the video, don't matter what you say just talk :)
 
I tend to talk all the way though the video and tend to shut up when there is a story that they are talking in the video so that my viewer can hear and see the story :) I mean that is something I like when I watch gaming videos that they stop talking when the characters are talking and there is like voice acting... I tend to reply tot he characters there XD
 
I prefer constant commentating, with the exception of if an event is going on in the game, for example an important cut scene, I prefer they let that play through with only minimal comment so that I know what's happening if I've never played the game before!
 
I love watching full let's plays with great commentary that are like 50-150 episodes long, and every episode is between 15-30 min.
 
Yeah I typically like to talk during moments where I am exploring, trying to figure something out, fighting for my life, contemplating my life decisions when I THOUGHT I could take on the giant flying robot snake thing. When there is story, cut scenes, dialog, I try to minimize my commentary as much so the viewer can focus on the game.
 
Back
Top