Can thumbnail/title instinct actually be trained?

Booooou

New Member
Hey everyone,

I’ve been thinking about whether creators can actually train their instinct for what gets clicks.

So I made a small 10-question test around that idea.

It shows two similar videos side by side — thumbnail + title — and you guess which one got more views. At the end, it shows your score and a rough percentile for your “creator instinct.”

I’m not trying to pitch this as a serious analytics tool. I’m more curious if this kind of quick comparison could be useful for creators when practicing thumbnail/title judgment.

A few things I’d love feedback on:

  • Do the comparisons feel fair?
  • Is the result page motivating or too gimmicky?
  • Would this be useful as a quick practice tool for creators?
Link: https://www.am-i-good-creator.com/en/
 
The forced-choice comparison format is a smart training mechanic — most creators build thumbnail intuition through slow trial and error rather than deliberate practice like this.Two things worth thinking about:

First, instinct — even when trained — only gets you to 'probably clicks for an audience like mine.' Conversion patterns differ significantly by niche. What works on a tech channel can look completely different on a food channel even at similar scales, so you may be calibrating to a general 'internet' audience rather than your specific one.

Second, the comparison data you're collecting is actually interesting in itself. Aggregated across enough creators, patterns around text density, face vs. no face, color contrast start to emerge by category. That's valuable signal that's hard to get from any single channel's data.

Tried your test — 7/10. The pair I got wrong was the most counter-intuitive one. Good experiment.

I have made similar but advance tool for Creators, Appreciate if you check out, it might be useful to you.

Check it out here : www.rendercurve.com
 
Back
Top