Any Tips for Comedy Show?

TheSGGamingChannel

I've Got It
The idea I have is actually quite odd (not to me, maybe to you)...but I intend to make a comedy series using plushes, and puppets (I draw inspiration from SuperMarioLogan, MarioMario8989, and other YouTubers of that sort), but this will be very original.

I started the series on an old channel, and it got a decent amount of views, and I felt I did well at the time; but with my greater knowledge of editing, I want to start over, and do it right this time. Not to mention, 50+ episodes in, I ran out of ideas, and had to stop the season short because of it.

Any good tips for doing something like this? I know it sounds odd, but maybe you can hit me up with something.
 
HEY! My channel is 75% puppets! So I'm all for it!

The main thing with puppetry is realizing the scale of things. So if you put your puppets just in the middle of a room that doesn't suit the size of them, you're going to make it look really amateur. Also, make sure that your voice work is very crisp. Every character should have a distinct voice, and really know the character you're giving to each character.

There is a show called "Awkward Puppets" that is hugely popular right now that would be terrific to check out, because they know exactly what works for their type of humor. They tend to keep things really self-contained, their episodes are very short and to the point, and you know each character straight away, even though each of the puppets looks very much like the others.
 
HEY! My channel is 75% puppets! So I'm all for it!

The main thing with puppetry is realizing the scale of things. So if you put your puppets just in the middle of a room that doesn't suit the size of them, you're going to make it look really amateur. Also, make sure that your voice work is very crisp. Every character should have a distinct voice, and really know the character you're giving to each character.

There is a show called "Awkward Puppets" that is hugely popular right now that would be terrific to check out, because they know exactly what works for their type of humor. They tend to keep things really self-contained, their episodes are very short and to the point, and you know each character straight away, even though each of the puppets looks very much like the others.

Thanks for the advice!
 
Back
Top